- Direct mail can be accessed by more than 95% of the physicians surveyed.
- Broad-reach journals are accessible to 80% of the physicians surveyed.
- Only 20-25% of physicians surveyed read journals exclusively in electronic formats.
- In 2012, 65% of physicians identify direct mail as their preferred method for learning about new products and services -- that's a 27% increase since 2009!
- Over 77% of nurse practitioners surveyed personally read mail from pharma reps.
- For physician’s assistants, 60% reported they prefer print over digital for communications.
This study draws the conclusion that printed materials (like brochures, catalogs, whitepapers, handouts, and flyers) are invaluable for a broad spectrum of healthcare professionals. For some pharma marketing and sales reps, this will come as a surprise, but it shouldn't.
Most people understand and remember information better when read on paper rather than a screen. Traditional offline marketing strategies like print have unique benefits that digital alternatives can never match. Here are the top 4 reasons why printed collateral will resonate with your target audience: